CHAMPS (Children Need Amazing Parents) created the Policy Playbook and related tools to encourage and assist policymakers in championing reform efforts to strengthen foster parenting in their communities.
Playbook priorities include:
1) Support Relationships between Birth and Foster Families,
2) Implement Data-Driven Recruitment and Retention Practices,
3) Engage Foster Parents in Decision-Making,
4) Provide Timely Access to Trusted, Dedicated Staff and Peer Support,
5) Prioritize Placements with Family Members and Other Family Connections, and
6) Ensure Timely Access to Physical and Mental Health Services